The health, safety and well-being of our children are of paramount concern. We listen to our children and take seriously what they tell us.
- Our staff receives training in Child Protection and Prevent (anti-radicalisation)
- Concerns are reported to our Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- We regularly update staff on matters relating to child protection.
- We comply with Safer Recruitment procedures in order that appropriate checks are made on adults working with our children.
- Procedures are in place to check that all adults are checked for their suitability to work with children (this includes volunteers).
We work in partnership with parents to help children achieve their potential and make a positive contribution. Sometimes, our concern about a child may mean that we have to consult other agencies, even before we contact parents. The procedures which we follow have been laid down by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children board and the school has adopted a child protection policy in line with this for the safety of all (policy available on this website and from the school office).
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads is:
Jenny Sherry (Headteacher)
Staff with Designated Safeguarding Training:
Natasha Newman (Assistant Head for Inclusion and SENDCo)
Peter Rutherford (Wellbeing Lead)
Tania Keighley (Assistant Head)
Carly Thomas (Assistant Head)
Further information can be found in our Child Protection Policy (at the bottom of this page) or by visiting the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board website.